AxonIQ is a Dutch enterprise software scale up, and well positioned as an early leader in the event-driven microservices space.
Founded in 2017, the company has approximately 30 employees and has successfully raised to date. Today, the majority of its revenues come from the US & Canada.
The company has two key market segments, (1) traditional multinationals that see the substantial benefits of migrating towards an event-driven microservices architecture, and (2) startups/scaleups that design event-driven microservices into their very architecture when they first architect their solution. Key customers include Ford, Toyota, Moneylion, Standard Chartered Bank, JPMorganChase, Barclay’s, Lidl, Otto, IKEA, Tech Mahindra, IBM, and others.
AxonIQ is looking for a proven marketing leader to continue to build on our success in the US market. Historically, all US sales opportunities have been handled out of the Netherlands and the Dutch leadership team has decided that now is the right time to hire a complete new team starting with the VP of marketing.
We are looking for a very motivated and creative marketeer, with experience in Open Source and developer-oriented go-to-market strategies.
This role will be to build and lead a marketing team. You will be supported by a team of US-based developer advocates and sales.
You most likely come from a high-growth scale up background, having previously sold large enterprise solutions microservices, API-centric solutions, critical I/T architecture, identity & access management, etc. Companies we are expressly enthusiastic about recruiting from include Mulesoft, ForgeSource, Ping Identity, Okta, Talend, Informatica, Boomi, Axway, Jitterbit, Cleo, Apigee, Red Hat or relevant category experience per above at Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Tibco, etc.
This role reports to the CEO/Founder Jeroen Speekenbrink.
Also, you work closely with the VP of Marketing in Europe.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL SET, LEADERSHIP, and PERSONALITY QUALITIES
- Prior experience interacting with Open Source and developer-led go to market strategies
- Strong motivation to work for AxonIQ
- Strong network to onboard new marketing colleagues within the upcoming months
- Strong familiarity with software enterprise architecture and related key roles/titles in the IT function
- Experience managing lead generation campaigns
- Good familiarity with high-touch, event-based marketing techniques (executive roundtables, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, problem solver, operates with independence and deals with ambiguity
- Strong senior-level interpersonal skills; excellent working well in small groups and equally large groups, business acumen, likable, personable, approachable, gravitas, humble, integrity, trustworthy, instills confidence in colleagues and clients, flexible, excellent listener, clear communicator, team mentorship, self-confidence, resistance to stress
- Experienced in communicating with Java developers or IT decision-makers
- Min 10 years of marketing experience, preferably in lead gen/demand gen roles
- Min 5 years of marketing director experience in the US and/or Canada
- Min 3 years of experience working with marketing automation such as Hubspot, Marketo, or Eloqua
- Innovative/creative thinking
- You love working in international teams with colleagues and customers all over the world
- Consistently exceed agreed marketing goals
- Build strong relationships with the US, Dutch, and rest of the global AxonIQ team.
- Consistently exceed demand generation goals
If you are smart, driven, and passionate about developing business for a high-end community, we’d love to talk and ascertain if this is a great mutual fit!
and find out useful news on Axon releases, invitations to AxonIQ events and other news